Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Obselete and interesting stuffs

My interests lead me to some obsolete techy stuffs. And my special desire of learning NLP routed me to some amazing and interesting stuffs. Let me come to them one by one.....

First, The Scigen paper generator, truly based on context free grammar and a sentence generator. It generates some fascinating computer papers, few of which have even been accepted in a few international conferences. Its a research on sentence generator by MIT. Try it out yourself. The link follows.....
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

Second, this is not a tool, not a collection, but quite interestingly, is a museum. The Retrocomputing Museum is the one which receives these appreciations. Most of the softwares it contains are now a living history - environments that were once important, but are now merely antiques. And when you really try to look back on them, they would show you the paths to this modern computing softwares age. Here lies the museum......
http://www.catb.org/retro/

Third, here lies the mailing group of a unique community of classic computers. They discuss, describe and work on computers that are legacy and classic piece of the technology now. You might not get a chance to work on these classic computers, but can be a part of this community and know the computers which have really become classic today. Here follows the Classic Computers Community Website......
http://www.classiccmp.org/

Time's out for me now. Will continue with these collections in my next blog...... Cheer up till then.... :)))

2 comments:

markandey said...

Obselte and interesting.... interesting things can't be said obsolete

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.